SEIRIN, and then later 3B Scientific, have been for many years offering awards for the best communications and posters of each ICMART congress. They were presented at the closing ceremony and are part of the highlights of the event.
They are not given at random. Together with the company donating the prizes, three doctors well versed in acupuncture, in scientific research, and who have experience in appraising the quality of a communication, are present at all the sessions, including the poster session. Then they get together just before the end of the congress, discuss and decide to whom the prizes should be granted.
This is one of the many happenings of ICMART congresses. It incites and stimulates the efforts of those who want to present a paper of quality, and creates an undercurrent of willingness to produce the best of what they can do, in meaning, results and value. And the participants like the idea, as you can see from the list of awards listed below!
ICMART 3B Scientific Awards
ICMART Congress 2010, Riga, Latvia
1 Bryan Frank (USA):
2. Jean Pierre Fossion (Belgium):
3. Cui Shuli (Singapore):
ICMART Congress 2009, Tessaloniki, Greece
1. Einar Borud (Norwegia): The acupuncture treatment for postmenopausal hot flushes (Acuflash) study: traditional Chinese medicine diagnosis and acupuncture points used, and their relation to the treatment response.
2. Taras Usichenko (Germany): Auricular Acupuncture reduces fentanyl requirement during hip arthroplasty - a randomized controlled trial
3. Konstantina Theodoratou (Greece): Placebo and acupuncture an unusual approach
1. S. Kamberis (Greece): The use and efficiancy of the acupuncture method in the treatment of trigeminal neuralgia, due to Multiple Sclerosis.
2. Obduliua Parra (Spain): Acupuncture as treatment of vascular ulcers in lower extremeties.
3. Christiane Demmrich-Wander (Germany): The gold acupuncture with dogs
ICMART Congress 2008, Budapest, Hungary
1. Irmgard Simma-Kietschka (Austria): The effectiveness of Acupuncture in chewing muscle tension, CMD, TMJ and cervical spine disorders - a randomized controlled trial.
2. Anna Loskotova (Czech Republic): New methods in traumatology and their application in complex therapy of burn trauma - method 'Loskot'.
3. Stefano Meloncelli (Italy): Acupunctural treatmenr of FBSS: review of literature and personal experience.
1. Reginaldo Silva Filho (Brazil): Acupuncture treatment effect on the oxidative stress.
2. Shoko Masuyama (Japan): Preliminary and exploratory study on specfific adverse reactions to Acupuncture - a randomized controlled trial on tiredness, drowsiness and driving ability after treatment.
3. Henrik Ewert (Germany): Influence of a acupuncture therapy on intraocular pressure and the compliance of patients with ocular hypertension and primary open angle glaucoma.
ICMART Congress 2007, Barcelona, Spain
1. Joao Bosco G. da Silva (Brazil): Acupuncture for mild and moderate emotional complaints in pregnancy. Outcomes from an adhoc self-report measure in a prospective, quasi-randomised, controlled study.
2. Max Sanchez-Araujo (Venezuela): Acupuncture prevents relapses of dog's recurrent otitis. Results of one year follow-up.
3. Dominik Irnich (Germany): Changes in electric skin resistance at acupuncture points.
1. S. Kamberis (Greece)
2. Obduliua Parra (Spain)
3. Christiane Demmrich-Wander (Germany)
ICMART Congress 2006, Washington, USA
1. Florian Pfab (Germany): Preventive Effect of Acupuncture on Skin Reaction and Emotional Perception of Histamine-Induced Itch.
2. Evemarie Wolkenstein (Austria)
2. Katharina Rubi-Klein (Austria)
3. Patrick Sautreuil (France): Amputation, Pain Caused by Neuromas and Acupuncture.
1. Maria F. G. Martins (Brazil)
2. Yuan-Chi Lin (USA)
3. Younbyoung Chae (South Korea)
ICMART SEIRIN Prizes
list in progress
ICMART Congress 2002, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1st Prize: Dr. Panos Barlas (UK): Effects of intensity of elecroacupuncture stimulation upon mechanical pain thresholds in healthy human volunteers.
2nd Prize: Dr. Im Quah Smith (Australia): Laser acupuncture in the management of depression.
1st Prize: Dr. Johannes Nepp (Austria): ocular surface temperature change by acupuncture.
2nd Prize: Dr. Franz Daling (Germany): System of Nocipoints.
1st Prize: Dr. Gabriella Hegyi (Hungary): Efficacy of long term acupuncture biostimulation for lactation in mammals.
2nd Prize: Dr. Hans Kjerkegaard (Denmark): Gold implantation, a new method for treating chronic arthritic pain.
1st prize: Dr. Bettina Hauswald (Germany): Effects of acupuncture in the treatment of perennial allergic rhinitis in comparison to antihistaminic medication (Loratadin).
2nd Prize: Dr. Mariacher (Austria): Acupuncture in renal failure.
ICMART Congress 2001, Berlin, Germany
1st Prize: Prof. Dr. Jorge Boucinhas, Natal, Brazil
Colorpuncture on YNSA Points
2nd Prize: Dr. med. Anna Katharina Lehr, München, Germany
Correlation of the description and the intensity of pain in German and Chinese acupuncture patients
3rd Prize: Dipl. Med. Torsten Kupke, Dresden, Germany
Pelvipathia – individual procedure within a holistic concept
1st Prize: Holger Frauendorf, Bad Herrenalb, Germany
Thermographic measurement of the acrale temperature reaction (ATR) by using different needling techniques of acupuncture
2nd Prize: Dr. med. Mathilde Mariacher, Innsbruck, Austria
The use of acupuncture in preparing childbirth
3rd Prize: Florian Pfab and Martina Winhard, Regensburg, Germany
Prolonged intermittent TENS-Acupuncture for therapy of reflux in ICU patients
Dr. med. Bettina Hauswald, Dresden, Germany
Acupuncture courses at university clinics TU-Dresden 2000