Dr. Lee, Jonghwa
Samra University of Oriental Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Introduction: Traditional style of acupuncture is based upon theories that are sometimes confusing and difficult to learn. And often the effects take some time to set in and therefore are difficult to tell apart from placebo or natural healing processes.
- Aim: To prevail over such imprecision, VST (Vertex Synchronizing Technique) acupuncture is devised based on scientific bio-mechanical aspects. The definite outcome of VST is distinctively different from prior treatment methods because of its instantaneous result.
- Methods: In VST, tensegrity model is applied to examine and analyze body into coronal, transversal, and sagittal planes. Treatment is focused on restoring three dimensional balances of the shoulder, pelvic girdle and the spinal curve. Evaluations of ROM in the shoulder and hip joint, which are connecting extremities of the trunk, are performed to find restriction of movement before and after treatment.
- Results: VST acupuncture directly stimulates and separates layers of muscle and fascia in the adhesion area to promote tension to be released. After treatment, ROM and normal length of the muscles will be reinstated. Blood circulation is also improved at the local site.
- Conclusions: Application of VST treatment will be effective for not only pain symptoms in knees, shoulders, discs and spinal problems but will be a key asset to determine the biomechanical systemic cause and will also allow affirmative acupuncture treatment in any variety of musculoskeletal conditions.