General Secretary 2020-
Dr. Konstantina Theodoratou, MD, MSc, Med. Psyc., AABMRC Fellowship
After completing her medical degree at the University of Athens and practising Western Medicine as a family doctor, went to China to study Αcupuncture in Tianjin and Beijing Universities. She further deepened her studies in Guangzhou (Canton) University where she obtained her MSc in Acupuncture. She has also specialised in Medical Psychology, Addiction Counseling, Neuroscience and Psychological diseases at the University of Athens. In 2016, she has been awarded from the University of Athens for her interdisciplinary experience.
She has participated in research, mostly concerning behavior patterns in relation to Acupuncture conducted by the Academy of Athens Biomedical Institute, published papers in medical journals and lectured in various congresses. Currently she lectures at the Greek Institutes of Medical Acupuncture.
Konstantina is President of the Scientific Association of Medical Acupuncture in Greece (SAMAG).
General Secretary 2015-2020
Dr. Chin Chan, MD
Dr. Chin Chan, MD, AUSTRALIA
General Secretary ICMART 2015-2020
President ICMART 2010 – 2012
Vice President ICMART 2008 – 2010
Federal Treasurer Australian Medical Acupuncture College (AMAC)
President AMAC Queensland.
Board member AMAC
Member Board of Examiners AMAC
Federal President AMAC 2005 – 2009.
Federal Secretary AMAC 1995 – 2004
Lecturer & mentor Australian Medical Acupuncture Course
Lecturer Griffith University School of Medicine, acupuncture
Fellow Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
Fellow Australian Medical Acupuncture College
Fellow Australasian College of Nutritional & Environmental Medicine
Private practice in medical acupuncture Queensland Australia
General Secretary 2010-2014
Prof. h.c. Dr. med. Walburg Maric-Oehler, MD
Prof. h.c. Dr. med. Walburg Maric-Oehler MD, Germany
- study of medicine and Asian cultures / languages in Germany at the universities of Leipzig, Berlin and Frankfurt/M
- further education in the following subjects: general medicine, psychotherapy, complementary medicine, acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, Tibetan medicine, other Asian Medical Systems
- since 1981 leading own medical practice in Bad Homburg near Frankfurt/M, now becoming part of an East-West Medical Institute and Training Centre for Tibetan Medicine
- since 1987 teaching, lecturing on national and international congresses and publishing in acupuncture (e.g. Co-author of the first publication on YNSA – Yamamoto New Scalp Acupuncture)
- 1989 founding member of European Council of Doctors for Plurality in Medicine / ECPM
- 1991-2010 President of the German Medical Acupuncture Association / DAEGfA,
Honorary President of DAEGfA
- 1992-1996 initiating the interdisciplinary working group ‘Old New Medicine’
- since 1993 teaching Classical Acupuncture at Johannes Gutenberg – University, Mainz, since 1996 initiating and organizing eleven symposia ‘Acupuncture and University – Acupuncture in Dialogue’
- 1993 initiating an educational program for medical doctors in Tibetan medicine
- 1996-2010 Vice-President of International Council of Medical Acupuncture and Related Techniques / ICMART, 2000 – 2002 President, since 2010 General Secretary of ICMART
- since 1998 honorary professor of Fujian University of TCM, Fuzhou / China
- June 2001 congress president and organizer of International ICMART Symposium-Anniversary Congress DAEGfA / DGfAN in Berlin
- Research work on Infrared Diagnostics in Acupuncture (since 2003)
- since 2005 representation of ICMART in CAMDOC Alliance and EUROCAM, European Commission, Brussels
- since 2006 member of the organizing committee of the AAMA annual symposium / American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- contact office of European Initiative for Traditional Asian Medicine / EITAM
- since 2007 member of the board of Association for Plurality in Medicine / GPM (Gesellschaft für Pluralismus in der Medizin)
- since 2008 member of the management board of the European Information Centre of CAM / EICCAM
- since 2010 representation of ICMART in Advisory Board of CAMbrella EU Research Project
- Vice Chairman of Specialty Committee of TCM Psychology of WFCMS
- Member of the Editorial Board of the AAMA Journal ‘Medical Acupuncture’ and ‘JAMS Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies’
- Regular reports on CAM activities in the EU, e.g. in the Journal ‘DZA’ and on the ICMART website
Main interest: supporting integration of Asian medical systems into modern medicine, cross cultural integrative east-west psychosomatics
General Secretary 1983-2010
Dr. François Beyens, MD, Brussels, Belgium
University: Doctor in Medicine from University of Louvain, Belgium. Candidate in Philosophy and Letters from Belgian National Jury. Licentiate of the London College of Osteopathy (for MDs).
Languages: French, English, Spanish, Chinese.
From 1968 to 1971: study in Hong Kong and Taiwan, student of Chinese and acupuncture with several masters: Lu Yi Gong, Wu Wei Ping, Zhuang Yu Ming and Huang Wei San.
Since 1971: back in Brussels, practicing acupuncture since then.
Founding member of the Belgian Association of Medical Acupuncturists. Teaching Monitor during 10 years. Main teacher for 16 years.
Successively Vice-President and President. Instrumental in most of its activities: courses, seminars, study trips to Taiwan, Hong-Kong, Vienna, London, Sofia, Prague, Riga, Cyprus . Active participation in more than 150 international congresses or symposiums.
Founding member and General Secretary (1983-2010) of the International Council of Acupuncture and Related Techniques (ICMART), an umbrella association of about 90 medical associations of acupuncture, representing more than 35.000 medical acupuncturists.
Seminars in many countries: France, England, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Spain, Morocco, Brazil, USA, Denmark, Israel, Austria, Sweden, Canada, Porto Rico, Bulgaria, Latvia, etc.
Since 1989 training personally dozens of medical acupuncturists.
Translation into french of Chen Ji-Rui: Acupuncture case histories.
Publication of three books: Revisiting Acupuncture, vol. I, II and III.
Open-minded defender and critical promoter of Medical Acupuncture.